learning to become less so that he might become more

Friday, July 16, 2004

thank you.

my church friends blow my mind. i mean, for real. i am so stressed out, can't deal with much of life, my family is here, i have my major project due on monday, and the house situation is getting really weird. my pastor counsels me that she really thinks that i should try to be out before monday, due to some of the relational situations, and i tell her that i am just not sure that i can deal with the practicality of that. they call tonight at 11 pm to tell me they are all coming over to pack my house and move my stuff on sunday afternoon and i can be here or not be here, up to me, but they have taken care of it.

what a bunch of crazy jesus loving people. they bless me. i am sorry i am so grouchy, god. i for sure do not deserve the freely given, practically demonstrated love that they show me. and my project team tells me to screw the project, it is worth neither my life nor my mental health, and that i should just chill out and be happy.

not sure about that. but i do appreciate feeling cared for and even covered. and that people will step in, no question, you just have to ask. now we'll see if i can deal with all the other emotional stuff connected to this, and not lose my mind. i can't believe how different my life will be in less than a week.

got told today that i was (physically) "wasting away." ha. i ate some amy's ice cream yesterday and schlotskys today. that's enough to keep me from floating off for like 10 years.

i called my dad today to see if he could get bryan the hook up to get a car in pittsburgh. it was funny, i have always known that my dad was glad to use his professional connections for me, but i have never been willing to do it, never willing to talk to him or ask for any favors. i don't know if bryan has any idea. he wasn't a huge help, due to outside circumstances, but he made the calls and called in the favors for my friend just because i asked him to. and there was something in that which was a great gift from the heart of a father.

outwardly wasting away; inwardly renewed day by day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home