learning to become less so that he might become more

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

snotty? did someone say snotty?

so, my reflection of the night is that 1. it makes my day to meet a man who can make the face of jesus in the foam of a glass of guinness with the nozzle... (at the dog and duck) and 2. i always feel better when i have to pastor someone else through it. not sure if that is a control thing or what, but it makes me calm - and i think i see more rightly - when i sit there and talk someone else through whatever the deal is.

eating is worse than ever on coming back here. i hate it and it feels awful. i can eat a bowl of something in the middle of the day, usually, and can't eat again. which would be fine if i didn't know how abnormal that is. it makes me angry because it was fine overseas... this is so connected to austin and what is true in my life here... and it makes me angry and want to fight. i forced myself tonight, and it wasn't very pretty. the food was good. my body just rejects it.

two compliments today: one was that "you are an older version of stacy cross," which i am so honored by, i mean, because we all know that stacy is the coolest, and then i gave some pastoral counsel to a friend who said, wait, that is exactly what dixon said, and we all know that dixon is the most amazing pastor ever.

so i guess that for a tuesday i am doing okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home