learning to become less so that he might become more

Thursday, July 29, 2004

praise the high tower.

so, we graduated from hope for the nations last night, and that is a little weird. it was a lovely time and everyone in my class ate lebanese like piglets (it wsa really good, very similar to some moroccan food, the keftah and chicken were great and the pita and hummus... mm. the howells' house is out on a river in the middle of nowhere and is just full of the spirit. a bride stands on the balcony and welcomes the bridegroom. and *that* is cool. susan teared a little when we gave her her gift, some photos i framed from the trip - the fire from baku (for our god is a consuming fire), the grapevines from shelter now(abide in me and you will bear much fruit), and the broken bread in morocco (this bread that you eat is my body for the life of the world.)

i am so glad that i am here. this was the answer to me asking god for real that i wanted to see his dreams and know if my dreams were his or just silly. and this was the response. my class awarded me with the'unchanging opinion of the unshakable kingdom' award and the theology award. for reporting from the field. :) i love these guys.

my last day teaching summer school. they are so cute. and they really have gotten it latin-wise... now it is just about them learning to grow in discipline and motivation and self-control. i wore my shalwar chemise today to show them and talk about afghanistan a bit. today we send off the morocco team and the england team. so much fun. i wish i was going...

have to decide whether to go to houston this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home