learning to become less so that he might become more

Saturday, July 17, 2004

my toes are green.

i feel like a girl who has three dates booked for the same night. i have the capstone to finish, my brother and sister here from florida, and moving tomorrow to do. each which can fully occupy all of your time and attention. today i worked on the project for six hours and tried to encourage the team. mike and i discovered that we have the TOTINOS PIZZA bond, which is serious. then i drove to georgetown and learned to play spit with my stepmother and realized how bad i actually am at doing things under serious timed pressure. and then we went to a cafe and listened to my cousin brett be a rockstar. stringy hair and cut off khakis and mournful lyrics and all. and now i came home to pack...

... and have my last night with two of my roommates. they promise we will hang out next year. and have girl night and all. we'll see. so we are eating ice cream and drinking vino and watching _the insider_. hmm. it is good just to chill out. i had a double espresso listening to brett, but am having a very large glass of chardonnay which is nearly counteracting all that caffeine.

talked to bryan today and was thankful for how much we have worked through to be friends, and the gift it has become to me. prayers for these cool places in pittsburgh, like the old youth hostel and the old fire house, and what could happen in those spaces. i am reminded of how much i still have god's dreams for pittsburgh in my heart, and can't let go of them. i am just waiting to either get to be a part of them or pass them off to someone who is called to do them.

liz brought me some little figures called the fat people, and they are so great. they can go on my desk at church with the sheeps (from our hfn thing about making the peeps into sheeps) and the little babies (who are decker and josiah. at hfn retreat a couple of the girls swallowed these tiny plastic babies like from king cake, because amy was pregnant with the boys and so we thought we would have babies too.) and they can all talk to each other and be friends.

prayed for a righteous man today who suffers as he watches his four year old have leukemia. watched my aunt tonight who no longer has any hair, or eyebrows, or eyelashes, due to chemotherapy. listened to a friend who has suffered so much betrayal. and i was reminded of what is true.

I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.
My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.

I sought the LORD , and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
Fear the LORD , you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing.
The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.



thank you, god, for so many good gifts. and that you are always with me. i have not been forgotten.
tomorrow will be a new day for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home